Fleshy Bits: Purple
Come play with my fleshy bits! Hehe. Welcome to the first of hopefully many more posts I’ll be writing covering how to paint flesh tones. One of the members of a Facebook group that I help admin requested this one (thanks for the idea Ulises).
When it comes to painting flesh I’ve found that starting with a cool tone and working your way up to a warm tone makes for a more believable effect. Please excuse my slightly crappy iPhone pics.
1. Basecoat- GW Genesealer Purple
2. Wash- GW Xereus Purple
3. Touch Up- GW Genesealer Purple
4. Highlight- GW Genesealer Purple/Ungor Flesh (75/25)
5. Highlight- GW Genesealer Purple/Ungor Flesh (50/50)
6. Highlight & Wash- GW Genesealer Purple/Ungor Flesh (25/75) followed by some detailed shading with Leviathan Purple
There you have it. See what kind of bizarre flesh colors you can come up with and please share any ideas you may have below in the comments section. Happy painting!
Leave a Reply